|Chennai Teacher Training School -
Aims and Goals
OUR AIMS AND GOALS FOR THE INDIA WORK AND STUDENTS HERE AT CTTS
- The church in India must one day be self-supporting. Preachers and teachers must look forward to a time when foreign money will not be sent to India for the work here.
- Indians should be trained in a Bible program without having to go outside their own country or learn another language and culture.
- Our aim is to teach our students that the Bible is verbally and fully inspired, and to respect the authority and all-sufficiency of the Scriptures.
- Our goal is to train our students to teach and defend the truth boldly and without compromise, or fear of men.
- CTTS teachers and students are expected to live in such a way that their lives and doctrine show that Christ lives in them.
- Our aim is to help provide every village with well-trained ministers and teachers who will encourage congregations to be self-supporting and self-propagating.
- In spite of pressures to the contrary, every student and teacher should understand and obey Matthew 28:18-20 and Ephesians 6:11-17.
- We believe Christians should follow a biblical pattern for worship and doctrine and refrain from following liberal congregations or those of the radical right wing.
- Our aim is to teach that the gospel is never outdated by current cultural trends, and that we should never follow the doctrines of men.
- Our aim is to teach our students that graduation is only the beginning of their real study, and that a certificate does not carry any special authority.